Palmer Seminary and the West Virginia Baptist Convention have formed a unique partnership to bring Palmer's Master of Divinity program to current and aspiring pastors in the West Virginia area. This partnership enables men and women in the West Virginia region to develop or enhance their ministry skills while remaining close to home. Palmer has been delivering its MDIV degree in West Virginia for more than 25 years, taught by a combination of Palmer’s core faculty and outstanding West Virginia adjunct faculty, with frequent participation by students from the main campus in St. Davids.
- Location: The beautiful Parchment Valley Conference Center of the West Virginia Baptist Convention in Ripley, WV
- Format: A yearly set of four “accelerated” 7-week courses, two in the fall and two in the spring, each of which blends online work with a two and a half day residency
- Length: 4 years when combined with the January and Summer intensives held in Pennsylvania.
- take courses toward the Master of Divinity degree,
- earn continuing education units (CEUs),
- take courses for personal fulfillment or lay training.
The curriculum includes Palmer Theological Seminary's required Master of Divinity curriculum and selected elective courses. Appropriate persons in West Virginia will determine which courses will be accepted to satisfy certification of ordination for pastors of American Baptist Churches.
We look forward to talking to you! Please send your name, postal address and phone number to Rev. Robert Allan Copenhaver, West Virginia Recruiter and Site Coordinator at email@example.com or call 304-763-8564.
If you have questions for current WV MDiv students, please email SGA at firstname.lastname@example.org. A student representative will contact you.
West Virginia Site Address
West Virginia Baptist Conference Center, Parchment Valley
Rt. 2, Box 304, Ripley WV 25271
Students are responsible for the costs of travel, room and board at Parchment Valley. For current room and board rates for West Virginia Program students, contact Parchment Valley.