The purpose of the Student Assembly is: (1) to represent the students and their interests within the seminary community; (2) to facilitate communication and interaction among the students, administration, faculty, and staff of Palmer Theological Seminary and Eastern University; and (3) to nurture a spirit of koinonia (fellowship) that enriches the experience at the Seminary and serves as a model for future leaders in Christian ministry.
Student Assembly Happenings
This year, the theme for Palmer’s Student Assembly is “Unity through the Journey.” We invite you to join us at our various events and gatherings and help us strengthen one another as we press forward together to do the will of the Lord!
Throughout the 2019-2020 academic year, Student Assembly has organized the following activities:
- Chapel and Chew led by Student Assembly (both semesters)
- Dinner with the Dean (both semesters)
- Palmer Spirit Week (Spring)
- The Seven Last Sayings of Jesus (Spring)
- Elections for 2020-2021 Student Assembly (Spring)
- Community BBQ (Fall)
- Christmas Giving — donations of socks, gloves, and hats to Churches for the Streets of Hope (Fall)
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party (Fall)