Alums and Friends
On-line Community General Instructions
The main purpose of the Seminary's on-line community is to provide an easy way (an on-line directory) for Seminary alums to remain connected with the Seminary and with one another. Alums can also share their news and find out about what is going on in the lives of other alums. (Please note that only Seminary alums have access.)
It's easy to join the community. As you join, you will create your own password. You will have the opportunity to make as much of your information (address, phone, e-mail) as you would like accessible to others so that they can find you.
To join the on-line community, you will need to click on the link below or on "Access On-line Community" (to the right). But before doing so, please print these instructions so that it will be totally clear what to do when you get there.
- When you click on the link, you will arrive at the Eagle's Nest, which is the on-line community of our parent institution. Palmer Seminary is one of several chapters of the larger Eastern University community. Once you land in the Eagle's Nest, you can log in with your user name and password. To join the community, click on "New User Registration" (below the Login rectangle). Follow the instructions, and before you know it, you will be in. However, please allow 24 hours for the system to recognize you as a new member of the on-line community.
- Once you have successfully joined the community, when you log in, you will land on the Eagle's Nest home page. To access the Seminary chapter, you must click on "Eastern Chapters." You will find this as a menu item on the left side, just above "Frequently Asked Questions."
- Type "Palmer" in the rectangular box and click on "Search." Then click on "Palmer Theological Seminary" (just below "Name").
- At the top of this page (slightly right of center) is the word "Directory." Click on that to access the directory. To look someone up, simply type in his or her name and click on "Search." (If it doesn't work at first, try a different first name, since the system might recognize "James" but not "Jim." Or to be safe, type in just the last name.)
- IMPORTANT! No one will be able to find you unless you make your contact information public. To do so, you must update your bio. Go to "My Profile" (on the left at the top). As you hover on that you will see four items come up on the right. Click on "Update My Bio."
- Now you can make sure that all your bio and contact information is current and can update it if necessary. You can also uncheck as many of the "Make Private" boxes on the right as you would like so that others can find you.
- Click "Update" (bottom right) and your mission is accomplished.
This on-line community also allows you to share your news with fellow alums and to read news others have posted. Have you moved to a different church? Are you working on another degree?
If you wish only to read news posted by other alums, simply click on the "News" link on the maroon bar near the top of the page and enjoy! To add news, click on the same "News" link. Below and to the left of the heading "Palmer Thelogical Seminary Alumni News" is the link "Post a New Story." When you click on this link, a text editor will open, enabling you to share your updates.
- In the smaller text box labeled "Story Title," please type your name and class year so that we know who is sharing this update.
- In the larger textbox labeled "Story Content," enter your news. You can say as much or as little as you'd like.
- When you finish, click the turquoise "Post Story" button at the bottom of the page. If at any point you want to edit or delete your news item, click on "Edit" or "Delete" (above and to the right of your update). Clicking "Edit" allows you to make changes. (Don't forget to click again on "Post Story.") If you click on "Delete" you will be asked to confirm or cancel your choice to delete the item.
Blessings to you! And now here is the link:
Access On-line Community